- Does it rain much in China?(Where? When?)
- Is there any part of China where it doesn’t rain much?
- When (in what month/season) does it rain most in your hometown?
- In which season does it rain most in other parts of China?
- Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown?
Well, China is a so huge country, so it’s really hard to say, but in the southern part of China, it rains relatively more frequent, such as Jiangsu and Zhejiang Province, which are called the Water Township in history.
Yes, in western north part of China, like Gansu Province, it barely rains. So it is very dry, and there is a vast desert in that area.
In my hometown in Anhui Province, it rains mostly during the early spring. Sometimes people in my hometown have to face the risk of flood when it keeps raining for several weeks. So it’s really very annoying during that period every year.
Well, in other parts of China, like Beijing, it rains mostly during the summer, which brings cool and comfort to people in the sweltering city.
Yes, the day that impressed me mostly was when it was flooding after several days of heavy raining in my hometown in April when I was a kid. The sandy water flowed quickly just besides the door with lots of vegetables and big fish in it. I felt very scary and lucky because my house was a bit higher than the water, so my house was not ruined.