IELTS Speaking topic: A friend who is a good leader

Describe a friend who you think is a good leader.
You should say:
who this friend is
how you first met
how other people behave towards him or her
and explain why you think he or she is a good leader.

Let me tell you about one of my close friends who worked with me in the same company several years ago. Actually it was he who had an interview with me when I applied for a position in that company after I graduated from university, we had a nice talk and he was obviously satisfied with my related experience.

He was really an optimistic and infectious man with his work, therefore when he started to be responsible for the new business, some colleagues were very interesting in his plan and tasks, and were always likely to offer their help. Besides, his superior was quite confident of his success, and gave some necessary financial and human supports.

I had been working with him for over two years. I believe he was really good at encouraging his staff into doing something that seemed to be tough to realise and inspiring them to greatness. As our business was quite new in the market, he made us feeling like pioneers in this field, which definitely inspired my enthusiasm tremendously. It was really a cool thing, because to be honest, I learned the most things in my work during that time.

Discussions — 19 Responses

• Wayne 21/01/2015 on 18:44

very similar with my own prepared. 🙂

• pirlo Wayne 22/01/2015 on 16:32

Really? This new topic just reminded me of the previous experience in the work place.

• hisham 26/01/2015 on 04:02

thank you pirlo very much for all theses efforts
    i was surfing net after got my shoking ielts result 5.5 in writing and speaking ( which is the third exam in 3 months having the same 5.5 and not change)
    i found this website by luck and got the feeling of finaly got treasure
    i hope this you help me to get better score
    you know i always say to me self this phrase english is just reptition if i had essay bank in my head ielts can be cracked
    finaly i appreciate your work thanks.

• pirlo hisham 26/01/2015 on 10:37

Hello, hisham, nice meeting you here and thank you for your dropping by for a visit. As for your ielts result, I believe that a good score is a combination of both language ability and exam’s skills. So you are supposed to put great efforts to both sides if you need a higher score. Hope I could help you in my website!

Sincerely,
      Pirlo

• Me 20/04/2015 on 13:59

I got this topic last time 18/04/2015. So bad I could not answer at all. T^T

• pirlo Me 20/04/2015 on 16:01

It’s pity to hear that, hopefully you’ll get good score next time.

• Uttom pirlo 11/07/2015 on 07:26

Where is 3rd part?

• pirlo Uttom 12/07/2015 on 11:37

Sorry, currently I don’t write the sample answers to the part 3.

• ramin 16/07/2015 on 23:47

Hi guys,
    We’ve created a group on Telegram for IELTS candidates , if you want to join us please send me your phone number or comment it here .
    See you

• Bikram ramin 02/08/2015 on 11:17

9888590005 Add me Bro I Also IELTS Candidate 🙂

• pirlo Bikram 03/08/2015 on 17:40

oh, what’s that? Sorry I don’t use this IM.

• RJ ramin 11/09/2015 on 03:32

7359281097

• Happy 24/07/2015 on 11:20

hi pirlo,
    can u tell me about a paid job on which i can speak.
    actually i m a student so i have never done such a job yet ….
    plz if anyone another know then plz tell me

• pirlo Happy 24/07/2015 on 19:39

Well, you can check this essay, and say that you do the job as an intern, which I think will suits you. Sometimes you need to tell a fictional story to answer the questions in the speaking test.

• nav 26/07/2015 on 00:03

Hi, can u pls give me writing topics for task 2 which can be helpful for me for my ielts exam ehich is on 13 aug

• nav 26/07/2015 on 00:05

Hi. Pls give me some suggestions whom which i cam improve my writing .actually i have a lack of idea

• nav 26/07/2015 on 00:07

Pirlo ielts speaking is very good

• Inder 23/08/2015 on 03:23

Plz upload questions of 3rd part too. Your website is really helpful.

• pirlo Inder 23/08/2015 on 19:53

Sorry currently the part 3 sample answers are not available because I don’t have much time to do that work.