IELTS Speaking topic: Being in a hurry

1. When was the last time you did something in a hurry?
2. Do you like to finish things quickly?
3. What kinds of things will you never do in a hurry?
4. Why do people make mistakes more easily when they are in a hurry?

Actually, if I remember accurately I went to the airport to take a business trip in the morning last year. But I got up late and I got stuck in the traffic tram on my way to airport. So I ran as fast as possible to get to the airport. It was such a rush.

No, I don’t stand finishing things too soon because it would probably make mistakes without careful and considerate work.

Well, I think I would never finish the work for my clients in a hurry, otherwise there would cause lots of errors that would lead to terrible loss to my clients. That is not acceptable.

From my own perspective, there are a couple of factors that contribute to the mistake-making during the rush. On the top of my mind, lacking of long-term consideration is the thing that contribute to the mistake that people make when they’re in a hurry.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Digg thisShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

Discussions — 8 Responses

• Fil 2016/01/27 on 3:22 pm

I have to say the Speaking Topic here is so helpful to me!

• Lilo 2016/01/27 on 6:08 pm

Please, can you give me the answer to the topic. Thank you so much
    Social network
    What kinds of social networking websites do you like to use?
    Are you a social person?
    What kinds of people do you like to be friends with on those websites?
    Is it easy to find real friends on a social networking website?
    What kinds of chatting app or software do people like to use?

• Grace-Aquarius 2016/02/11 on 1:08 am

It seems like we have a common experience. : )

• pirlo Grace-Aquarius 2016/02/13 on 7:01 am

Yes, I believe most people will have the similar experience.

• Grace-Aquarius pirlo 2016/02/17 on 5:59 pm

Hello, Pirlo, is this your English name? I am not sure. OK, excuse me. Well, I come across a question that says “What kinds of water facilities are there in china?”, and I feel a little confused about ” water facilities”. That means boat? or ships? or water park that provide many interesting facilities for people to play? or something else? Could you give me some ideas about this, please? Thank you so much! )

• pirlo Grace-Aquarius 2016/02/18 on 8:01 pm

Well, I reckon that the water facility refer to water treatment facility that can remove all dissolved metals and chemicals before going into the river.

• sharon 2016/02/22 on 2:45 pm