A bloke is a man.
Synonym: fellow, guy, man.
- While we were talking, a bloke came up.
- He’s a dodgy bloke. I wouldn’t trust him an inch.
A fag is a cigarette.
- Hey, pal, gimme a fag.
To fancy is to want something or want to do something.
- He is not at all the kind of man I fancy.
- Do you fancy going out this evening?
To hoover is to clean a carpet, floor, etc. with a vacuum cleaner.
- I haven’t been able to hoover the carpet because my vacuum cleaner is on the blink.
- I’d like to hoover up all the dust every day.
A mate is a friend.
Synonym: friend, fellow, partner.
- I thought she was an ideal mate.
- They’ve been best mates since school.
A pint is a pint of beer (especially in a pub).
- Do you want to go for a pint later?
A quid is one pound in money.
- Can you lend me five quid?
- It only costs a couple of quid to get in.
To reckon is to think something or have an opinion about something.
Synonym: expect, think, suppose.
- I reckon that I’m going to get that job.
- It’s worth a lot of money, I reckon.
- He’ll be famous one day. What do you reckon?
Rubbish is something that you think is of poor quality.
- I thought the play was rubbish!
- Do we have to listen to this rubbish music?
Wicked describes someone or something which is slightly bad but in a way that is amusing and/or attractive.
Synonym: cool, great, excellent.
- Jane has a wicked sense of humour.